Aston Martin chief trackside officer Mike Krack says the team must “protect” its drivers from mounting frustration as it waits until the summer break to bring major upgrades to its AMR26. Krack said: "The drivers are the ones that need to be protected the most, because you ask them the same question every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and then the week after again Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. So for them it's most difficult to be repetitive and give you each time the same response. I said it in Shanghai already, we need to protect the drivers from that, because they accumulate that frustration being at the back of the field."

Esteban Ocon says rumours of a rift with Haas team principal Ayao Komatsu after the Miami Grand Prix are “fabricated”, and insists there was “no dispute” between them. Ocon said: "The stories have been fabricated with no foundation. There were no real sources in there. I've joined this team because of Ayao, because I've known him for so long. He's been my first race engineer in F1 and he's going to set the record straight later in the media. There was no dispute in Miami."

Lewis Hamilton says he has not used Ferrari’s simulator to prepare for this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix, after saying in Miami it was “sending me in the wrong direction”. Hamilton said: "So I just decided for this one, I'm just going to sit it out and focus more on the data. So there was just a lot of deep diving on, through corner balance, mechanical balance, corner approaches, brake balance, optimising the brakes, which had been a problem for me for some time, and that's led to really good integration with my engineers. So it's not a tool that I'm saying I'm never going to use again."

Lewis Hamilton says he will “be here for quite some time” and told people to “get used to it”, dismissing speculation that he is preparing to retire after his move to Ferrari. Hamilton said: "I'm still in contract so everything's 100% clear to me. I'm still focused I'm still motivated I still love what I do with all my heart and you know I'm gonna be here for quite some time, so get used to it. There's a lot of people that are trying to retire me and that's not even on my thoughts. I'm already thinking of what will be next and planning for like the next five years."



⚪️ George Russell on the Championship: “It is just another race weekend - the Championship is not even on my mind.” On Mercedes' race starts: “The starts are a big focus for us, as they are a big weak point. Short term, it is hard to make big gains and of course, race starts we can’t practice very often. Some races you can’t even practice in free practice. But we’ll do our best to improve.” On his own performance level: “I’m just looking at myself as my main competitor. If I tick all of my boxes, I know I can beat anybody. I’m not looking at my edge over anybody else, I’m looking at how do I get the best out of myself, my engineers, my car set-up… And if I do that I can win.” On Antonelli: “Kimi was exceptionally fast all last year. The difference was we were in the mix with so many other teams, even getting through Q1 was stress. If we made a bad start, we couldn’t get past four or five cars as we didn’t have the pace advantage. He is performing on a high level, I saw that last year and he is a fantastic driver.” 🔵 Pierre Gasly on Alpine’s learnings since Miami: “We’ve had good learnings from Miami, and we are coming here with things to try in FP1 with things to put on the car since Miami. The pace was good, P8 in the Sprint, France was P7 in the race so we just need to keep pushing.” 🔵 Arvid Lindblad on preparing for a Sprint weekend: “I’m getting used to [Sprint weekends] but I’ve done a lot of work on the sim, watching onboards, that sort of thing.” On Racing Bulls’ upgrades: “We have a new floor, so it should be a step.”
🟢 Lance Stroll on Aston Martin's progress and next steps: “We fixed the vibrations in Miami so that was good, and both cars got tot he chequered flag for the first time this season. We just need to find some more downforce and power. We have an upgrade for Spa or Zandvoort, these things don’t happen overnight and everyone is pushing as hard as possible.” 🔴 Lewis Hamilton on the pecking order: “It will adjust each weekend. Mercedes at the top, McLaren looked good last time out and Red Bull have made a big step. So we are around McLaren and Red Bull. And Mercedes have a big upgrade this weekend so… Our focus will just be on ourselves.” On leadership and working with Ferrari: “I’m always looking at other leaders and how they work with other teams, so I can learn how to be a better colleague and extract more from those around me. I feel like I’m in a really good place with my team and I’m really happy.” ⚪ Valtteri Bottas on Cadillac’s progress: “We have been lacking stability of the rear of the car in high-speed, so that has improved. We are making progress behind the scenes. Everyone is improving, everyone is still making steps - we just need to make bigger ones.”
Fernando Alonso says Formula 1’s turbo-hybrid era has cost the sport “nearly one decade, or even more, of pure racing”, as he argued the proposed move to a 60/40 split between internal combustion and electrification from 2027 will not change the core characteristics of the power units. Alonso said: "Unfortunately, we have this period, from 2014 in the turbo era, and now even more, we've lost nearly one decade, or even more, of pure racing."


Honda's Shinato Orihara says the battery vibration problems that hit Aston Martin’s reliability early in the 2026 season are now “gone”, with attention switching to energy management and drivability. Orihara said: "In Miami, we had a good step on reliability, and the battery issues are, let's say, now gone. Then we now focus on improving the energy management and also driveability; that is the main improvement point for lap time. So we have optimised our data settings for reliability."
The FIA has set a 6MJ energy harvesting limit for both qualifying sessions at this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix, the lowest qualifying recharge cap of the 2026 season so far and 1MJ lower than at the opening round in Melbourne. The FIA has also designated four Straight Mode zones for Montreal: the three activation areas that matched last year’s DRS zones, plus an extra section between turns nine and 10, although that fourth zone will only be available in dry conditions.



Cadillac team principal Graeme Lowdon says the team’s goal at this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix is to build on the momentum from Miami, after introducing its first major upgrade package of the season. Lowdon said: "The team performed really well in Miami. We introduced our first major upgrade package, which resulted in a notable increase in performance, and once again, both cars finished in the Sprint and the Grand Prix, which was a great result. The team also executed two pit stops that were among the top 10 fastest of the weekend, showing that, from an operational standpoint, we are on a strong upward trajectory. The goal in Montreal... is to build on that momentum and keep making such progress."

Ferrari boss Fred Vasseur says it is “a bit unfair” that the FIA introduced a ‘low power start detection’ system that can trigger automatic MGU-K deployment, after rivals raised safety concerns about poor launches with the new 2026 power units. Vasseur said: "You can put on the table the safety grounds, and it's the right of the FIA and I have just to accept. But at the end, I think it's also a bit unfair on us. ... So then to have half of the grid, 40 per cent of the grid complaining, that it's mega dangerous and so on. Politically, [it] was well played but not very fair."
Arvid Lindblad's mentor Oliver Rowland says the 18-year-old has “all the key ingredients” to build on his start to his first Formula 1 season, after what he described as an “up and down” opening run that included points on his debut in Australia. Rowland said: "Up and down, which is to be expected. I think, obviously, the first race was exceptional. Miami was a little bit disappointing and a lot for us to look at. So I think it's not easy for him on a Sprint weekend, especially with reliability issues, missing Sprint race [in Miami]. But all the key ingredients are there, and we just need to keep working hard."

McLaren chief executive Zak Brown says his job is to make McLaren an environment where Oscar Piastri and Lando Norris do not want to leave, after claims Piastri could be a target for Red Bull if Max Verstappen departs. Zak Brown said: "I would imagine there's not a team on the grid that wouldn't want to have Oscar and Lando driving for them. My general view, contracts aside, is that our job is to create an environment where our drivers don't want to drive anywhere else. You don't want to hold someone because you've got a piece of paper; you want them to go: 'This is the team I want to race with.'"


George Russell says he can put a “turbulent” start to the season behind him at this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix after learning lessons from what he called a “tough” race in Miami. Russell said: "It's been a turbulent start but the truth is Miami felt like the first tough race of the season. I'm in a good place because I think I've come away from Miami, I've learned more in Miami than I've learned in the first three races of the season."

Ferrari team principal Frédéric Vasseur says the team must be “on the ball from the first session” in Montreal, with the Sprint format leaving limited preparation time and potentially tricky weather adding to the challenge. Vasseur said: "From a racing point of view, Montreal is never straightforward. The track is demanding on brakes, traction is important out of the slow corners and chicanes, and this year the weather and low temperatures could add another layer of complexity, especially with the Sprint format giving us limited preparation time. We will need to be on the ball from the first session, focus on execution, and make the most of every opportunity over the weekend."

Madring general manager Luis Garcia Abad has insisted preparations for Madrid’s first Spanish Grand Prix on 11-13 September remain on schedule despite concerns about how much work is still left at the new circuit, telling Motorsport Week that anyone who saw the site now “will not have any doubt about that”.

Racing Bulls technical director Dan Fallows will make his first trackside appearance for the team at this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal, after starting the role in April 2026 following his January signing.

Christian Horner has taken on a new role away from Formula 1, joining Oakley Capital as an adviser on investments in premium sports after leaving Red Bull last season. Horner said the move reflects the growth he sees in the sector: “Sports businesses are benefitting from growing global audiences and participation rates as more people embrace healthier, active lifestyles.”




Williams has confirmed four senior hires from rival teams, led by former McLaren chief operating officer Piers Thynne, who left that role in January and will start at Williams on an unspecified date in August as its new chief optimisation and planning officer. Claire Simpson and Fred Judd arrive from Mercedes as head of aerodynamic development and head of performance optimisation respectively, while Steve Booth joins from Alpine as head of vehicle engineering.




Ferrari boss Fred Vasseur says cooler temperatures in Montreal could add “another layer of complexity” at the Canadian Grand Prix, with the sprint format limiting preparation time. Vasseur said: "From a racing point of view, Montreal is never straightforward. The track is demanding on brakes, traction is important out of the slow corners and chicanes, and this year the weather and low temperatures could add another layer of complexity, especially with the sprint format giving us limited preparation time."

Red Bull technical director Pierre Wache says the team hopes its new wind tunnel at Milton Keynes will be running at the beginning of next year, with the team still working with what he described as the “same tool and the same issues” from its current facility. Wache said: "But we have a new tool coming soon and I hope it will bring us another step. We hope that we will have it running at the beginning of next year."

Get the full feed, faster alerts, and the stories worth following on your phone.