Lance Stroll says Aston Martin is focused on finding “a lot more downforce and power” after the team fixed vibration issues at the Miami Grand Prix. Lance Stroll said: "We fixed the vibrations in Miami, so that was good. We finished the race, both cars got to the chequered flag for the first time this season, which I think is a step forward. Now we just need to find a lot more downforce and power, so when we do that, we'll be in better shape, so that's what we're focused on."


Haas team principal Ayao Komatsu says reports of a rift with Esteban Ocon after the Miami Grand Prix had “no foundation whatsoever”, after meeting the driver and his management in Montreal on Thursday to address the claims. Komatsu said: "Honestly I don't know where that story came from, no idea. No foundation whatsoever, absolute bull***. I didn't even have a single argument with Esteban in Miami. It's just amazing how completely this bull*** gets smoked up, and then, because nobody checks the source, then everybody just writes on top of it. How is that journalism? It's just f****** bull***, gossip."






Oscar Piastri says there have been no discussions with Red Bull and he is happy at McLaren amid paddock rumours the team is interested in signing him as a potential option if Max Verstappen leaves at the end of the 2026 season. Piastri said: "It is news to me, there's obviously not been any discussions or anything. It's flattering, yes, but there's not really much more than that, really. I think hopefully it proves my stock as a driver, which is a nice thing, but I'm very happy with where I am. I've got a lot of confidence in this team that we are going to be able to win races and championships in the future."


Liam Lawson says Racing Bulls made a “mistake” by telling him to let Max Verstappen past in Miami, after McLaren chief executive Zak Brown included the team radio message in a letter to the FIA about double-team ownership. Lawson said: "We're doing everything by the rules. That's the most important thing. We're not breaking any rules with anything like that. And the way that incident was reviewed, if it had been any other car, it would have been the exact same decision. So it was simply that we made a mistake."

George Russell says there is “no need to panic” about his 20-point Drivers’ Championship deficit to Mercedes team-mate Kimi Antonelli after the opening four races. Russell said: "It's not even on my mind, the championship. I know what I'm capable of. I know the speed I've got. Obviously, Miami was a bad weekend. There's really no need to panic at all. As we said, we're four races down, 18 at least to go... At this point, it means nothing."

George Russell has agreed to honour his promise to jump into the lake at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve if he wins the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday, after Mercedes resurfaced footage of him making the bet at last year’s race. Russell said: "So you've really pushed me into a corner here? Literally pushing me. All right, we'll do that. Sunday. If we're on the top step. Only if we have a top step! And if it's not raining!"

Max Verstappen says the Nürburgring 24 Hours feels like “unfinished business” and he wants to return to try to win the race after his Mercedes-AMG GT3 entry retired from the lead with a driveshaft failure. Verstappen said: "I mean, I do feel that it's a bit like unfinished business. I want to win it, so I want to go back, but of course, the calendar needs to allow it. But it's definitely a race that I want to do more often."
Pierre Gasly has warned fellow Formula 1 drivers they “are going to be shocked” if the Canadian Grand Prix is wet, after taking part in a two-day Pirelli wet tyre test at Magny-Cours during the break between Miami and this weekend’s round in Montreal. Gasly said: "You guys are going to be shocked. I'm glad I've done these two days. It's going to be interesting for you guys. I mean, I've had Silverstone, 21 January, which was memorable and I think will stay with me forever. But Magny-Cours was also something."

George Russell says his “painful” Miami Grand Prix weekend was a “much-needed” reminder for Mercedes after he felt the team had missed “key things” by focusing so heavily on energy management. Russell said: "I think for a lot of us, we're all so focused on the energy management that all of the issues from the past in dealing with the tyres, dealing with the set-up, just fundamentals of racing, has kind of been put on the back-burner because we're all so focused on energy management. We missed some key things because we were focused elsewhere and that was a good little reminder. As painful as it was, it was a very much needed weekend because I think it's going to prove very beneficial for the rest of the year."

Max Verstappen says a proposal to reduce the 2026 engines’ reliance on electric power for 2027 would “definitely” boost the chances of him staying in Formula 1 next season. Verstappen said: "Yeah, definitely. I just want a good product in Formula 1 and that will for sure improve the product. It will make the product better, so that means that I'm happier and that's what I want to be able to continue in Formula 1."




Carlos Sainz says Formula 1 and the FIA must be “tough” and “stand firm” on the proposed 2027 power unit changes, warning paddock politics and differing manufacturer interests could derail the plan. Sainz said: "Unfortunately, like always in this sport, there will be politics involved and different interests involved across the main manufacturers that will push back and push forward depending on what they're looking for. That's why I can just ask the FIA and FOM to be tough with what they believe is the right thing for the sport and even if you need to vote, that they can still stand firm and believe in what's right for the sport."

Racing Bulls driver Liam Lawson says Formula 1 drivers want cars that are “playful” to drive and “make cool noises”, as the FIA discusses power-unit changes including a planned reduction in electrical input next season. Lawson said: "To be simple, from a driver's side, we want to get in the car, we want to drive as fast as we can. We want a car that's playful to drive, and you can push hard, and it makes cool noises. We want the fastest cars in the world. But we just want the best regulations, the fastest cars."

Esteban Ocon says rumours of a rift with Haas team principal Ayao Komatsu after the Miami Grand Prix are “fabricated”, and insists there was “no dispute” between them. Ocon said: "The stories have been fabricated with no foundation. There were no real sources in there. I've joined this team because of Ayao, because I've known him for so long. He's been my first race engineer in F1 and he's going to set the record straight later in the media. There was no dispute in Miami."


Lewis Hamilton says he has not used Ferrari’s simulator to prepare for this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix, after saying in Miami it was “sending me in the wrong direction”. Hamilton said: "So I just decided for this one, I'm just going to sit it out and focus more on the data. So there was just a lot of deep diving on, through corner balance, mechanical balance, corner approaches, brake balance, optimising the brakes, which had been a problem for me for some time, and that's led to really good integration with my engineers. So it's not a tool that I'm saying I'm never going to use again."


Lewis Hamilton says he will “be here for quite some time” and told people to “get used to it”, dismissing speculation that he is preparing to retire after his move to Ferrari. Hamilton said: "I'm still in contract so everything's 100% clear to me. I'm still focused I'm still motivated I still love what I do with all my heart and you know I'm gonna be here for quite some time, so get used to it. There's a lot of people that are trying to retire me and that's not even on my thoughts. I'm already thinking of what will be next and planning for like the next five years."





⚪️ George Russell on the Championship: “It is just another race weekend - the Championship is not even on my mind.” On Mercedes' race starts: “The starts are a big focus for us, as they are a big weak point. Short term, it is hard to make big gains and of course, race starts we can’t practice very often. Some races you can’t even practice in free practice. But we’ll do our best to improve.” On his own performance level: “I’m just looking at myself as my main competitor. If I tick all of my boxes, I know I can beat anybody. I’m not looking at my edge over anybody else, I’m looking at how do I get the best out of myself, my engineers, my car set-up… And if I do that I can win.” On Antonelli: “Kimi was exceptionally fast all last year. The difference was we were in the mix with so many other teams, even getting through Q1 was stress. If we made a bad start, we couldn’t get past four or five cars as we didn’t have the pace advantage. He is performing on a high level, I saw that last year and he is a fantastic driver.” 🔵 Pierre Gasly on Alpine’s learnings since Miami: “We’ve had good learnings from Miami, and we are coming here with things to try in FP1 with things to put on the car since Miami. The pace was good, P8 in the Sprint, France was P7 in the race so we just need to keep pushing.” 🔵 Arvid Lindblad on preparing for a Sprint weekend: “I’m getting used to [Sprint weekends] but I’ve done a lot of work on the sim, watching onboards, that sort of thing.” On Racing Bulls’ upgrades: “We have a new floor, so it should be a step.”
🟢 Lance Stroll on Aston Martin's progress and next steps: “We fixed the vibrations in Miami so that was good, and both cars got tot he chequered flag for the first time this season. We just need to find some more downforce and power. We have an upgrade for Spa or Zandvoort, these things don’t happen overnight and everyone is pushing as hard as possible.” 🔴 Lewis Hamilton on the pecking order: “It will adjust each weekend. Mercedes at the top, McLaren looked good last time out and Red Bull have made a big step. So we are around McLaren and Red Bull. And Mercedes have a big upgrade this weekend so… Our focus will just be on ourselves.” On leadership and working with Ferrari: “I’m always looking at other leaders and how they work with other teams, so I can learn how to be a better colleague and extract more from those around me. I feel like I’m in a really good place with my team and I’m really happy.” ⚪ Valtteri Bottas on Cadillac’s progress: “We have been lacking stability of the rear of the car in high-speed, so that has improved. We are making progress behind the scenes. Everyone is improving, everyone is still making steps - we just need to make bigger ones.”
Fernando Alonso says Formula 1’s turbo-hybrid era has cost the sport “nearly one decade, or even more, of pure racing”, as he argued the proposed move to a 60/40 split between internal combustion and electrification from 2027 will not change the core characteristics of the power units. Alonso said: "Unfortunately, we have this period, from 2014 in the turbo era, and now even more, we've lost nearly one decade, or even more, of pure racing."



Honda's Shinato Orihara says the battery vibration problems that hit Aston Martin’s reliability early in the 2026 season are now “gone”, with attention switching to energy management and drivability. Orihara said: "In Miami, we had a good step on reliability, and the battery issues are, let's say, now gone. Then we now focus on improving the energy management and also driveability; that is the main improvement point for lap time. So we have optimised our data settings for reliability."
Aston Martin chief trackside officer Mike Krack says the team must “protect” its drivers from mounting frustration as it waits until the summer break to bring major upgrades to its AMR26. Krack said: "The drivers are the ones that need to be protected the most, because you ask them the same question every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and then the week after again Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. So for them it's most difficult to be repetitive and give you each time the same response. I said it in Shanghai already, we need to protect the drivers from that, because they accumulate that frustration being at the back of the field."

The FIA has set a 6MJ energy harvesting limit for both qualifying sessions at this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix, the lowest qualifying recharge cap of the 2026 season so far and 1MJ lower than at the opening round in Melbourne. The FIA has also designated four Straight Mode zones for Montreal: the three activation areas that matched last year’s DRS zones, plus an extra section between turns nine and 10, although that fourth zone will only be available in dry conditions.

Get the full feed, faster alerts, and the stories worth following on your phone.